Fujitsu Gives Spanish Economy a Boost with new Region for Cloud Service K5
- Fourth Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 region in Europe for public and virtual private cloud deployment
- Digital transformation in Spain to accelerate as local data residency makes cloud adoption easier
- Organizations can accelerate digital transformation by deploying new cloud capabilities to leverage hugely valuable information held within traditional IT environments
Maximo Petitto, Cloud Business Development Director at Fujitsu Spain, comments: “Fujitsu is investing in the Spanish cloud computing market, where we see huge potential for local growth. We are very proud that Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 is leading Spain into the cloud. Access to cloud computing is an essential part of any digital transformation – but the lack of local data residency has until now been a major stalling point for Spanish businesses, especially in industries such as financial services, where legislation requires that data is held in-country at all times. Thanks to the introduction of a new K5 Spain region, Spanish firms can now take full advantage of the agility, flexibility and power of cloud computing – unlocking the value of existing systems by connecting them with the flexibility, speed and accessibility of cloud-based computing.”
Fujitsu adds fourth cloud region in Europe
Fujitsu adds a fourth European region to its Cloud Service K5 which now provides local data residency for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud in the UK, Finland, Germany and Spain, as well as other regions worldwide1
Organizations can accelerate their digital transformation by deploying new flexible public and virtual private cloud capabilities to leverage the hugely valuable information held within traditional IT environments. By choosing Fujitsu Cloud Service K5, customers can enjoy cloud computing advantages such as system flexibility, pay-as-you-go models, enterprise-class support and guaranteed service level agreements of 99.99 percent system uptime – all without vendor lock-in. Cloud-native applications can easily be moved between any of the available public cloud services, in addition to Fujitsu Cloud Service K5.
Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 is a key part of MetaArc, a comprehensive portfolio to enable digital transformation comprising cutting edge technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data Analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, as well as infrastructure and managed services, all underpinned by Cyber Security. Fujitsu offers powerful capabilities in application integration and development, and in leveraging automated multi-cloud delivery and management, available across all popular cloud platforms.
Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 in detail
- The only cloud computing platform that enables digital transformation through deploying OpenStack technology across all cloud deployment modes, guaranteeing infrastructure and application compatibility, as well as offering native cloud application development and API management tools.
- Data residency within K5 regions: K5 can help Spanish organizations to meet particular compliance requirements. For example, those that may restrict certain data to be held within Spain. All of the K5 availability zones are available worldwide.Seamless interaction with existing IT infrastructures, enabling customers to easily deploy hybrid IT and cloud environments. This includes cloud services and enterprise data centers suitable for many applications, such as web shops, database services, customer relationship management (CRM) systems and payroll solutions. This feature helps to extend the service life of legacy equipment and increase return on investment.
- A full range of delivery model extensions will become available to enable customers to choose the best approach for their organization. For all K5 deployment models - Public Cloud, Virtual Private Hosted, Dedicated (Private) and On-Premise - Fujitsu provides enterprise-class support, robust Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and high-availability.
Pricing and Availability
Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 is available worldwide for IaaS and PaaS deployments. Pricing varies according to services, configuration, consumption and country.
Notes to Editors
1K5 regions are specific geographical locations, all accessible worldwide. Currently, there are K5 regions in Japan, the UK, Finland, Germany, and Spain with further K5 availability zones planned in the United States, Singapore and Australia. Further delivery model extensions will enable Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 to become available worldwide as a private cloud, in either on-premise data centers or hosted by Fujitsu.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 155,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu enables customers to capitalize on digital opportunities with confidence, by helping them to balance robust ICT and digital innovation. Fujitsu’s full portfolio of products, solutions and services gives its customers a competitive advantage in the era of digital transformation. In Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) the company employs more than 29,000 people. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 09 May, 2017