FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX Ethernet Fabric Switch 10Gbit/s 18/6+6 (BROCADE VDX 2730)
The PRIMERGY BX Ethernet Fabric Switch 10Gbit/s 18/6+6, also known as Brocade VDX 2730, is a Connection Blade for Fujitsus PRIMERGY Blade Servers and utilizes the latest emerging industry standards, including Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and Data Center Bridging (DCB). It provides six external native 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel (FC) ports and six external 10Gbit/s Ethernet ports, allowing you to combine storage and network traffic on a single network.
Features & Benefits
|Características ||Benefits |
|Highly integrated switch module|
- PRIMERGY BX Ethernet Fabric Switch 10Gbit/s 18/6+6 offers one of the industry's best integrated I/O solutions. The compact design incorporates Ethernet and Fibre Channel switching and provides a total of 30 ports.
- Six external Data Center Bridging (DCB) ports provide device or additional switch connections at 10 Gbit/s.
- Six external FC ports can be used for switch connections at 4 Gbit/s or 8 Gbit/s using SFP (4 Gbit/s) or SFP+ (8 Gbit/s) fiber-optic transceivers.
- Eighteen internal 10GBASE-KR ports are provided that support DCB.
- With the integration of the Connection Blade, all LAN and storage I/O needs can be achieved with a single module.
- In combination with new server blades (BX920 S3 and BX924 S3), no additional mezzanine card is required, since all I/O traffic can be handled via the onboard dual-channel 10 Gbit/s CNA.
|Low total cost of ownership|
- Combines two switches in one, Ethernet and Fibre Channel, which reduces the cost of acquisition and provides a starting point for flexible convergence networks.
- Flexibility to meet your application needs with multiprotocol support: 10 GbE (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FCoE), and 8,4,2,1 Gbit/s FC.
- Designed for seamless integration into existing LAN and storage environments. You will benefit from fewer hardware components which leads to higher reliability as well as lower operational expenses due to a common management of LAN and SAN environments.
- Fast and efficient deployment of new solutions due to self-forming and self-aggregating fabrics.
|Flexible license structure|
- This feature gives you the ability to enable only 10 Gbit/s Ethernet ports for networking needs, or the combination of Ethernet and Fibre Channel ports for storage connectivity and a fully converged network solution.
- Balanced server and I/O port assignment to accommodate the workloads of applications and satisfy business needs.
- PRIMERGY BX400 can be equipped with up to four Brocade VDX 2730 Connection Blades, while the PRIMERGY BX900 Blade Server holds a maximum of six modules.
- Flexible way of using the 10Gbit/s onboard controller of the server blade, and 10Gbit/s CNA mezzanine cards.
|Active power (max. configuration)||68 W
|Weight||1.3 K g
|Connection type||Ethernet Connection Blade
Layer 2+, 10 Gbit/s Ethernet Data Center Bridging Switch with native Fibre Channel ports
|Supported system units||PRIMERGY BX400 S1, PRIMERGY BX900 S1, PRIMERGY BX900 S2
|Max. number per system unit||4 in PRIMERGY BX400 S1, 6 in PRIMERGY BX900 S1/S2
|Supported Server Blades||PRIMERGY BX960 S1, BX920 S2, BX922 S2, BX924 S2, BX920 S3, BX924 S3, BX920 S4, BX924 S4 and BX25xx Server Blades
|Supported Server Blade I/O Solutions||PRIMERGY BX9xx S3 Server Blades w. 10 Gbit/s CNA on Board, PRIMERGY BX9xx S4 Server Blades w. 10 Gbit/s CNA on Board, PRIMERGY BX25xx M1 Server Blades w. 10Gbit/s CNA on Board, PRIMERGY BX CNA Mezz Card 10 Gbit/s 2 port (MC-CNA102E), PRIMERGY BX CNA Mezz Card 10 Gbit/s 2 port (MC-CNA112E)
|Down-link ports||18 x 10 Gbit/s Eth
|Up-link ports||6 x 10 Gbit/s Eth (SFP+)
6 x 4/8 Gbit/s Fibre Channel (SFP/SFP+)
|Recommended Service||24x7 Onsite Service with 4h Onsite Response Time