Beam Suntory’s barrels now go through an IoT-lead process via GlobeRanger iMotion, minimizing vast and enabling total visibility.
"It was important that we had full IoT capability, the ability to integrate with our system of record, and a partner with true global reach, which Fujitsu GlobeRanger delivers."
Jim Beam® deploys GlobeRanger iMotion® to track production of thousands of barrels of Bourbon, reducing potential risk of error
As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam Suntory has unparalleled expertise in whisky, including world leadership in Bourbon and Japanese whisky, and strength across many key categories including tequila, vodka, cognac, rum, and cordials.
Jim Beam® was monitoring the production, storage and distribution of millions of barrels using a process heavily reliant on paperwork, leaving it exposed to error. It wanted to find a more efficient, transparent and accurate way of keeping track of inventory.
The company deployed GlobeRanger iMotion IoT Edgeware Platform, which connects sensors and IoT devices to gain rich data on production, storage and distribution of Jim Beam’s® critical assets. Through a series of automation and software development, its barrels are now RFID-tagged and tracked through every stage of production.
- iMotion provides total visibility of the entire production process via a single pane of glass
- The potential for error – and costly wastage – has been minimized
- Supervisors spend less time on paperwork, freeing them to focus on more important tasks
- Future proofed solution can easily scale up by adding resources as and when required
- Enables the possibility of consumer connectivity deeper into the liquid maturing lifecycle