FUJITSU Server BS2000 SE300
The SE server for the entry-level to medium performance range - therefore specially positioned for small to medium-sized customers - provides highly scalable and sufficient performance for the simultaneous operation of several operating systems based on high-end Intel x86-technology. And has the same benefits of manageability, integration, flexibility and availability, as the server lines SE700 and SE500.
The new Fujitsu BS2000 SE300 servers can be expanded with up to 16 BS2000 processors. On account of their processor performance, configurability and scalability SE300 systems are classified below the SE700 and SE500 system families when it comes to the mono-processor and maximum achievable performance scores. The SE300 system family provides BS2000 performance exclusively based on high-end Intel x86-technology.
The highly available infrastructure provides all the necessary system components that are key to the economic operation of the overall application. In this way, all applications and application parts can use the optimal system platform without losing control of central system administration.
Bearing in mind that applications depend on many different IT systems, the unique architecture concept of the SE300 series offers the optimal platform for every usage scenario. At the same time, the modular construction of the SE300 infrastructure creates completely new capabilities for companies in the data center.
- x86-based server units for BS2000, Linux or Windows guest systems
- x86-based application units for operation under Linux, Windows or VMware
- Shared tape or disk peripherals
- Fast internal server infrastructure to connect components to each other and to the customer SAN
An important objective in developing the SE servers was a standardized management concept which offers a very high degree of integration and ensures very economic IT operations. This includes cross-system administration with a modern browser-based interface as a single point of operation, common system monitoring of all components, a shared service procedure and all the options of consolidation by virtualization. Thus, the new SE300 servers enable very stable system operation, which not only includes the mainframe platforms that were already proven as very fail-safe, but also comprises application units as well as the infrastructure and peripherals used by the SE server.
Sixteen models are equipped as complete HW/SW packages with all the components required to support comfortable and efficient BS2000 operation. In addition to Internal hard disks (e.g. ETERNUS JX40), which are directly connected to the SE300 via RAID controllers, and a very compact tape cartridge unit (e.g. ETERNUS LT40 S2) for automated backup, Midrange and Enterprise storage systems of the ETERNUS DX series (e.g. ETERNUS DX500 / DX600 or DX8700) can also be connected via Fibre Channel.
Likewise, tape cartridge libraries (e.g. SCALAR i500) and the tape storage virtualization solution ETERNUS CS High-End (e.g. ETERNUS CS8000) can also be connected via Fibre Channel.
As an option, the FUJITSU BS2000 SE300 server can be used to deploy several application units (AU), which enable the utilization of a large number of additive usage scenarios.
OSD Extended Configuration OSD/XC is the BS2000/OSD operating system package for the servers of the SE server line. The FUJITSU BS2000 SE300 servers are supported by OSD/XC V10.0, which consists of the operating system BS2000 OSD/BC V10.0 and a range of system-related software products.
|Outstanding properties of the SE300 infrastructure for use in the entry-level to medium performance range
- Newly developed processors of the Intel XEON E7 line with 12 cores and 3.0 GHz frequency
- 1 – 16 processors
- High performance range with 16 models
- Integration of HW technologies in a 19-inch standard rack
- 8 or 16 Gbit/s Fibre Channel channels
- Support of 10 Gbit/s LAN
- Capacity on Demand for temporary processor activation
- Integration of up to three SU300 server units, based on x86 Intel technology
- Significantly lower energy consumption
- Increased system performance for all customer applications
- Individual scalability and optimal performance
- Attractively priced model entry, high system flexibility, low operating costs
- Maximum performance between the SE units and to the customer network
- No interrupt, no loss in performance
- Flexible modification of existing performance to meet the requirements of customer applications
- Optimal utilization of resources on the respective platform
- Comprehensive, intelligent energy management reduces energy consumption
|Openness and integration of various server systems and the peripherals
- Conventional mainframe applications and applications from the open world are run in coexistence on an SE server on x86 technology with different operating systems
- Shared tape and disk peripherals and fast internal server infrastructure to connect components to each other and to the customer LAN or SAN
- The consolidation of different applications from the mainframe world and the open world creates advantages for the performance and utilization of the server
- Standardized SLA and service management with central remote service access increases data security
- Optimal support of business processes by a standardized service concept
- Maximum availability of all applications and services in mainframe quality
|Central, comfortable and cross-system web-based management
- Integrated HW management for servers, storage and network
- VM management
- Performance and Energy monitoring
- Central and comfortable operation and administration of all applications on the SE server on one web-based interface
- Common system monitoring of all components enables end-to-end, low-cost operation with optimal use of resources