Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS LT60 S2
Scalable Mid-range System for High Capacity Requirements
The Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS LT60 S2 addresses customers with high capacity requirements. It combines exceptional storage density and up to 300 TB of compressed capacity in a compact 4U form factor, giving room for unpredictable data growth. The system comes with standardized LTO technology providing high speed and low media costs. The ETERNUS LT60 offers comprehensive flexibility as it has up to four drives for redundancy and partitioning. ETERNUS LT60 can be split into two "virtual libraries" serving different application environments in parallel. This provides maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The slot upgrade option gives customers a start with 12 slots and upgrades to 48 slots. The slot upgrade option means that customers can pay as they grow and remain flexible as they can even mix different LTO generations within one system. One advanced feature available with the ETERNUS LT60 is the redundant power supply that ensures uninterrupted operation should there be a power failure.
Recommended Service: 7 x 24, Onsite Response Time: 4h.
ETERNUS LT60 S2
- Upgradeability from 24 to 36 or 48 slots via software license
- LTO-4 / LTO-5 / LTO-6 HH SAS technology
- LTO-5 / LTO-6 HH drive with optional Fibre Channel interface
- Partitioning via license key
- Easy upgrade to the needed storage capacity
- High investment protection
- SAS interface meets both enterprise and midrange/nearline storage requirements at relatively low costs, providing users and integrators with flexible storage architectures
- High data throughput of up to 8 Gb/s
- Smaller backup window is needed
- Makes it easier to separate different LTO generations, avoids undesired incompatible media loads
- Allows to connect more than one servers and applications
|Many extras at no additional cost
- Mail slot
- Barcode reader
- Remote management utility and user friendly operator panel
- Easy input and output of up to three cartridges
- Short initialization time thanks to slot barcodes, also with
unoccupied data slots
- Easy administration, enables configuration and diagnostic
- Automatism help to decrease the error rate of backup proesses
||ETERNUS LT20 S2
||ETERNUS LT40 S2
||ETERNUS LT60 S2
||LTO-4 / LTO-5 / LTO-6
|Capacity (max.) (native)
||6.4 / 12 / 20 TB
||19.2 / 36 / 60 TB
||38.4 / 72 / 120 TB
||2 x 4
||2 x 12
||4 x 12
||1 FH* / 2 HH
||2 FH* / 4 HH
||*only for LTO-5 FC
For futher information, please see ETERNUS LT20 S2 datasheet
For futher information, please see ETERNUS LT40 S2 datasheet
For futher information, please see ETERNUS LT60 S2 datasheet
Germany , Industry: Manufacture-Other
With PRIMERGY and ETERNUS systems, Linck gets a robust backup infrastructure
Linck was previously backing up all of its data to tapes. However, this solution was becoming outdated and took up far too much time.
Germany , Industry: others
WOBAU Velbert GmbH Implements Server and Storage Solutions
Renovation of the data center and client infrastructure due to poor performance and high maintenance and electricity costs. Fujitsu PRIMERGY BX900 Blade Server to consolidate the server hardware, combined with the ETERNUS DX storage system, robust Fujitsu ESPRIMO PCs and an ETERNUS LT Tape Library for backups.
Germany , Industry: Education
University of Bonn
The University of Bonn bears the name of Prussia’s King Friedrich Wilhelm III., who founded this famous institution of higher learning in 1818. Today, it is one of Germany’s great universities, one that produced two Nobel laureates: Wolfgang Paul and Reinhard Selten.
Germany , Industries: Healthcare , Insurance
BKK Salzgitter Uses Fujitsu Server and Storage Solution
BKK Salzgitter, a company-related health insurance fund, is a self-administrated public corporation with its origins in the company Salzgitter AG.
January 28, 2016
Fujitsu Optimizes Long-term Data Retention on Tape
With the introduction of the latest Linear Tape Open (LTO) generation for FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS LT tape systems, Fujitsu continues its pledge to radically simplify backup and archiving with business-centric solutions. The systems provide affordable, scalable and reliable long-term data retention on tape, for example in conjunction with the recently launched FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS200c S2 / CS800 S6 Data Protection Appliance.
July 08, 2015
Petabyte-scale ETERNUS LT260 Tape Library Combines Exceptionally High Data Capacity with Performance and Security
Fujitsu today extends by a further 350 percent the capacity of its petabyte-scale expandable edition of the ETERNUS LT tape library, and adds additional security enhancements. First launched in November 2014, the FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS LT260 combines the flexible scalability and excellent automated and remote management capabilities that mid-sized companies and large data centers need for highly efficient handling of fast-growing backup and archive volumes. This also makes it the first choice as a storage backend solution to Fujitsu’s ETERNUS CS8000 Unified Data Protection Appliance.
Support Packs Options
- 9x5, Next Business Day, Onsite Response Time
- 9x5, 4h Onsite Response Time
- 24x7, 4h Onsite Response Time
24x7, Onsite Response Time: 4h.
Product Support Services
Product Support Services at a Glance