Fujitsu Makes Backup Appliance Ready for Exponential Data Growth
- Fujitsu launches fifth generation FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS800 S5 Data Protection Appliance
- Unique extensibility from four to 360 TB, benchmark-leading performance and value gives customers access to affordable data protection, high availability and disaster protection
Thanks to the appliance’s unique extensibility – from four to 360 terabytes – customers can start with the configuration that best fits their current backup capacity needs, with the assurance that they can easily and without risk add additional capacity when requirements change. Comprehensive disaster protection comes as standard: bi-directional and 1:2 replication are possible between different ETERNUS CS800 systems in data centers or in the cloud, while additional copies may also be written to tape for disaster recovery scenarios.
Configuration flexibility and scalability ensure that the ETERNUS CS800 fits every existing backup environment, while customers implementing a new strategy can count on Fujitsu to deliver a complete solution including server, productive disk storage, backup software and appliance, plus supporting professional services.
High system performance is achieved by embedding the latest, benchmark-leading technology from Fujitsu in combination with variable-length deduplication. The ETERNUS CS800 S5 as a complete data protection appliance.
Hans-Dieter Wysuwa, Executive Vice President, Service Platform, Global Product Business, Fujitsu
“As a seamless appliance, the ETERNUS CS800 is far easier to use, more efficient in operations and shows better results in deduplication in comparison to pure software solutions that are combined with standard disk systems. Fujitsu takes a stringent and long-term approach to optimization, as is demonstrated by the ETERNUS CS800, which sends expensive overprovisioning requirements to the history books. Since all necessary software is included in the appliance, there are no hidden costs to worry about such as the need for extra capacity-bound storage software licenses.”
The FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS800 S5 Data Protection Appliance is available globally. It can be purchased direct from Fujitsu and via distribution partners. Pricing and specifications vary by configuration and country.
Notes to Editors
New generation ETERNUS CS800 S5:
- Entry model: 4 TB or 8 TB, extendable - 12/16/20/24 TB
- Scale model: 16 TB – 320 TB, start with 16, 24 or 32 TB , extendable to max. 160, 240 or 320 TB
- Enhanced disaster recovery options support on premise or cloud disaster recovery sites:
- 1:2 Replication Fan-out
- 32 replication snapshots
- Cloud enablement features / Charge back:
- Deduplication statistics per share / partition – enables charge back
- For any selected timefram:
- Average disk utilization after reduction
- Total amount of new data backed up
- Total amount of data protected
- Compression ratio, dedup ratio, total reduction
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT) -based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Address: Square Marie Curie 12, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0) 2 536 64 15
Mobile: +32 (0) 473 96 06 43
Fax: +32 (0) 2 536 64 12
Marketing & Communications Manager
Date: 09 July, 2014