Mailslot (I/O Station) Mechanism enables simple real-time cartridge tape insertion and ejection
A slot (cell) on the front of each magazine can be setup as a mailslot. This allows a tape cartridge to be inserted or ejected from the library while the library is online.
Mailslot is useful in the following situations:
- When inserting/ejecting specific volume cartridge tapes
- When inserting/ejecting the cleaning cartridge tapes
- When ejecting defective cartridge tapes
Using mailslot shortens response time compared to replacing whole magazines.
- Eliminates a bar code scan of all slots
- Eliminates need to update media mapping of backup software
Number of mailslots
- ETERNUS LT20 S2: 1 slot
- ETERNUS LT40 S2: 3 slots
- ETERNUS LT60 S2: 3 slots
- ETERNUS LT260: 10 slots per module, 70 slots in maximum configuration
|Supported Tape Libraries
||ETERNUS LT20 S2, LT40 S2, LT60 S2
ETERNUS LT20, LT40, LT60,
ETERNUS LT200, LT230
Note: Products/features/support content introduced on this page, are subject to change without notice.