Extreme Cache Pool - the Performance Booster
Extreme Cache Pool, the secondary cache built from dedicated drive enclosure based SSDs provides flash-drive class performance for significantly accelerated read access of servers and applications.
Using intelligent algorithms frequently accessed data is detected and automatically placed on fast SSDs – thus avoiding time consuming retrieval from spinning disk.
Extreme Cache Pool offers read performance and latency comparable to all-flash arrays while leveraging the cost advantages of conventional disk arrays. The feature can be activated separately for each volume, helping to achieve an even better cost/benefit ratio.
- Significant improvement of read access IOPS and latency
- Ideal for near-real-time analystics, high-performance OLTP and small to medium virtual server environments
- Reduces drive count previously necessary to achieve high performance
- Saves investment cost
- Lowers power consumption
Comparison with Extreme Cache
||Extreme Cache Pool
- The Extreme Cache provides higher performance with PCI Express Flash Modules (PFM)
- For ETERNUS DX500 S3/DX600 S3, the use of the even faster, controller based Extreme Cache is recommended.
- ETERNUS DX500 S3/DX600 S3 models support this function.
- High performance at lower cost
- Ideal for ETERNUS DX100 S4/S3, ETERNUS DX200 S4/S3 models
- ETERNUS DX100 S4/S3, ETERNUS DX200 S4/S3, ETERNUS DX500 S3/DX600 S3 models support this function.
||ETERNUS DX100 S4/DX200 S4
ETERNUS DX100 S3/DX200 S3
ETERNUS DX500 S3/DX600 S3
ETERNUS DX8700 S3/DX8900 S3