Vodafone, Q-MATIC solution
“The overarching aim of the project was to source a costeffective solution that would improve efficiency across the Vodafone store network. Of primary concern was enhancing the customer experience in-store.”- Jonathan Dryland, Head of Vodafone UK Retail
- Retail/Grande Distribuzione
- Vodafone was not differentiating its in-store customers based on their requirements or allocating store staff according to their areas of expertise. This meant waiting times could be lengthy, with some customers leaving the store without being seen by an advisor, resulting in missed sales opportunities. In addition, the level of service provided to the customer varied depending on the store staff's area of expertise.
- Increased performance – with the new concept stores outperforming the balance of the stores estate by 3.5%
- Enhanced management information – including customer numbers, average wait times and sales conversion figures, useful for tracking the customer experience
- Efficiency improvements – as a result of improved management information, enabling staffing rotas to be prepared to reflect store requirements
- Higher customer satisfaction – through improved customer flow through the store
- Faster transaction times – reduced by seven minutes, leading to a decline in the number of customers leaving the store without seeing an advisor
Fujitsu's Solution using Q-MATIC
Overall, the RNMB programme is performing extremely well, and many business benefits are being realised by Vodafone:
- Increased performance – the new concept stores are outperforming the balance of the stores estate by 3.5%. Average contract volumes have increased 26% with average upgrade volumes up by 10%.
- Transformed management – key performance indicators for the stores have been modified to incorporate customer service measures.
- Enhanced management information – Q-MATIC, combined with the footfall counter and EPoS systems, offers increased management information, such as customer numbers, waiting times and sales conversion figures, useful for tracking and measuring the customer experience in-store.
- Efficiency improvements – the increase in management information available enables staffing rotas to be prepared to reflect store and customer requirements.
- Customer satisfaction – improved customer flow creates a more relaxed atmosphere for customers and staff. Customers are now seen more quickly by a sales advisor and are able to talk to the team member best-placed to respond to their query.
- Reduction in transaction times – on average, a reduction of seven minutes means that the number of customers leaving the store without seeing an advisor are declining