Bord Gáis Eíreann: Integration of Oracle Applications
Efficient, automated processes
Oracle ERP, training and support
To address the challenges of this project, Bord Gáis formed a specialist team who together with Fujitsu, implemented a variety of Oracle Modules applying best business practices and introducing a common data model and standards within the Finance and Procurement functions.“Good integration of Oracle Projects and Oracle Financials gives us improved & early visibility into the cost of major projects”
comments Martin Dunlea, Chief Information Officer, Bord Gáis.
The key benefits to Bord Gáis from the Oracle Application implementation include:
- The implementation of an Oracle database ensures commonality and reusability of data across all business processes.
- Financial discipline was instilled under the new systems which strengthened internal controls thus giving a consolidated view of performance.
- Monthly close time was reduced by 50% through process automation.
- Bord Gáis were compliant under the stipulations laid down during market deregulation.
- Management reporting is improved through the use of the new systems