Fujitsu Robotic Process Automation for Retail and Hospitality
Using RPA to boost productivity and deliver automation without disruption
Within retail, reliability and speed are crucial to success. To keep sales revenue flowing and customers coming back, orders must be processed quickly, efficiently and in an error-free manner. With Fujitsu Robotic Process Automation (RPA), retailers are enabled to rapidly increase their operational efficiency and effectiveness to deliver the productivity improvements they need.
In Ireland, retailers employ 14% of all employees, over 280,000 people and are a very significant element of Ireland’s economy. However, the sector is experiencing a major challenge as 50% of Irish shoppers shop online and 75% of those purchases are with non-Irish websites. This demonstrates the imperative for joining up the in-store and online experiences for customers and improving customer experience to develop a loyal customer base.
Short-term efficiency savings must be weighed against the long-term value of customer experience, loyalty and retention. Finding the right balance, however, can be a double-edged sword. Now is the time to employ ways of helping retailers to empower their workforce to deliver great customer service as well as to boost productivity.
Watch our videos below to see how Fujitsu and Thoughtonomy can help.
How RPA can empower your retail workforce
Boost your retail workforce productivity with RPA
Ease the administrative pain of seasonal sales with RPA
See how RPA enables a faster and easier retail recruitment process
What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) typically uses a standard user interface (UI) together with software that emulates human interaction with applications and systems. It has a wide range of uses, including:
- Employee onboarding.
- Customer on-boarding from websites.
- Preparing data for subscription renewals.
- Stock control automation, update and orders generation.
- Loyalty Card management.
- Claims processing and complaints handling, from customer-facing websites.
- Regulatory compliance reporting and auditing.
The Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
- Improved efficiency: As robots can be operational around the clock, they offer true 24/7 potential, thereby enhancing efficiency.
- Decreased costs: Operational costs can be decreased potentially by reducing the number of FTEs deployed to complete a task or process, thereby saving up to two-thirds of the human cost.
- Reduced errors: Human interventions, that can be responsible for unintended errors or delays, can be eliminated using robots.
- Customer satisfaction: The quality of customer experience is significantly increased with improved efficiency, more accurate information and reduced errors.
- Employee satisfaction: RPA removes many of the more mundane and everyday tasks we routinely ask our human teams to perform, therefore reducing dissatisfaction.
- Scalability and flexibility: Robot deployment or re-assignment for a given process when and where more volume is needed.
- No need for IT system change: Improvements can be made without a radical system transformation. Benefits are possible without significantly changing the systems of record from what they are today.
- Data for process improvement: Undiscovered bottlenecks can be identified using data from robotic process performance to further optimise the process.
Fujitsu solutions for retailers using RPA
Customer management - customer records can be easily managed across multiple systems and process changes. Virtual Workers link systems, processes and activities on demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and ensure that your CRM information is synchronised at all times.
Complaint management - customer complaints are effectively handled with automated incident handling, prioritisation and resolution – or if needed they are escalated to a specialist within your business.
Loyalty schemes - customer complaints are effectively handled with automated incident handling, prioritisation and resolution – or if needed they are escalated to a specialist within your business.
Returns authorisations - whether in-store or online, our platform enables you to process customer returns in an instant.
Credit reports - you can meet your credit regulatory demands without needing to use valuable resources. Our platform delivers automated credit report processing to ensure satisfied creditors and happy shoppers.
Month-end reporting - you can meet your credit regulatory demands without needing to use valuable resources. Our platform delivers automated credit report processing to ensure satisfied creditors and happy shoppers.
Share this page