Fujitsu Systems Europe announces the release of SynfiniWay V4, its integrated software framework for virtualised distributed High Performance Computing. This version expands the user capabilities with enhanced security, extended framework management, and a global repository for collaboration and performance improvement. This leads to assured data confidentiality and time savings through early detection of server and network failures as well as improved sharing of global business process objects.
Enterprises are finding that developing their products is becoming more sophisticated and complex, increasing the demand on a more diverse set of applications and on distributed heterogeneous resources. As a consequence, the IT resource infrastructure an enterprise now deals with has become more complex and difficult to manage. Challenges exist in making these infrastructures easily accessible, highly secure, extensible, and monitored. SynfiniWay enables companies to set up a flexible IT infrastructure that addresses these needs whilst delivering reduced TCO.
To maintain end-user productivity in a diverse IT infrastructure, a simplified model for accessing applications as well as automated methods for recovering from common hardware and network failures is important. SynfiniWay tackles these issues through a resilient framework that implements workflow management and service orchestration.
“Even within the complex IT landscapes that are increasingly common today, enterprises must still deliver higher levels of productivity with lower TCO“, states David Papiah, CEO of Fujitsu Systems Europe. “With SynfiniWay V4 and its emphasis on security and collaboration, an enterprise can confidently implement a secure cloud based IT framework that promotes integration and collaboration between enterprise and extended enterprise groups, resulting in higher efficiency, reduced project times and lower costs.”
SynfiniWay V4 Features
SynfiniWay is a middleware used in creating virtualised IT frameworks for Enterprise (private and trusted) clouds. It provides a complete integrated set of capabilities: leading workflow technology to orchestrate service execution, a global meta-scheduler for optimizing resource utilisation, and robust data movement of large-volume files. The release of SynfiniWay version 4 focuses on the issues of security, monitoring and collaboration by adding significant new capabilities in these areas, while enhancing its file transfer technology.
The key features in SynfiniWay V4 include:
· Enhanced security control. A new role based (RBAC) access management subsystem enables fine grained authorisation on workflows, applications, services and data, to be applied on a user and/or group level. Users within the framework have unique identifiers enabling their access permissions to be globally applied.
· Visual monitoring of framework. Servers, networks, workflows and tasks can be monitored throughout the SynfiniWay framework. Sensors monitor the current state of servers on the framework to enable quick detection of failures or high load. Alerts are automatically generated based on settable thresholds.
· Global repository for collaboration. A global repository with version management for workflows, applications, and profiles has been incorporated, enabling quicker access and more manageable development of business processes even when using local and distributed teams. This enables higher levels of collaboration during the development cycle, promoting improved validation and testing, resulting in more stable business processes.
· Managed encryption, compression and integrity for files. When files are stored or moved around the framework they can now have “on-the-fly” encryption, compression and integrity checks applied to them, improving bandwidth usage and guaranteeing data security. Text files moving between Unix and Windows platforms can be automatically converted.
· Support for multiple schedulers. A set of schedulers can be configured to enable fail-over in the event of a scheduler or server failure. In this case a secondary scheduler can be used to continue running processes on the framework leading to higher levels of availability.
SynfiniWay helps enterprises to simplify complex IT usage through automation and resiliency features. Strong role based authorisation and collaboration helps organizations work together through a secure integrated framework.
Fujitsu Systems Europe
Matthijs van Waveren, Marketing Coordinator
+33 (0)5 62 47 58 30
Inquiry Form Link: https://www.synfiniway.com
About Fujitsu Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Systems Europe
Fujitsu Systems Europe is a strategic member of the Fujitsu Group, developing and supporting world-wide the SynfiniWay software. Our services, founded on dedicated expertise in technical and engineering computing, include the audit, design and deployment of SynfiniWay-based solutions for leading enterprises in automotive and aerospace, energy and oil markets, as well as outsourced compute centres. For more information, please see: www.synfiniway.com
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 08 September, 2010
City: Toulouse, France