OSD/XC V9.0 (for SQ Business Server)
The mainframe operating system package for the SQ server lines
Fujitsu OSD Extended Configuration OSD/XC is the Fujitsu BS2000/OSD operating system package for the SQ series business servers. OSD/XC comprises the operating system BS2000/OSD-BC and several system support software products.
OSD/XC V9.0 includes the BS2000/OSD-BC V9.0 ported to the SQ servers based on Intel x86 architecture. OSD/XC unlocks unlimited BS2000/OSD functionality for the SQ business server class. Existing customer applications run as object-compatible code on the SQ business servers under OSD/XC.
The SX business servers are only available with OSD/XC V4.1 (OSD/XC V8.0).
OSD/XC supports all sets of functions relevant to data center operation and business-critical computing:
- Advanced, mainframe-typical workload management for interactive dialog and batch loads,
- Wide scalability of processor performance, memory and I/O bandwidth,
- Automation of data center operation and data center operating processes possible,,
- Automation of data center operation and data center operating processes possible,
- Support for backup and data storage scenarios.
In version V9.0 the OSD/XC package consists of the following software products: