ScanSnap Manager Update (V6.5L40)
Note for ScanSnap S1300i users:
When using ScanSnap Manager version 5, install the update for version 5.
When using ScanSnap Organizer version 4, install the update for version 4.
Target Scanner Models
ScanSnap SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1300i / S1100i
Target Operating Systems
- Windows® 10 Home (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 10 Pro (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 10 Enterprise (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 10 Education (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8.1 Pro (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8.1 Enterprise (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8 (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8 Pro (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 8 Enterprise (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 7 Starter (32bit)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 7 Professional (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 7 Enterprise (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® 7 Ultimate (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows Vista® Business (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows Vista® Enterprise (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows Vista® Ultimate (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows® XP Home Edition (32bit) (SV600 / iX500 / S1300i only)
- Windows® XP Professional (32bit) (SV600 / iX500 / S1300i only)
- The icon designs have been changed.
before -> after ->
(Refer to Icons for Connection Status)
- Additional languages are available for converting files into searchable PDF.
To add these languages, you need to install the OCR Pack that includes the language you want to use from Online Update first.
- Modified the error where some operations cannot be done on the screen when the text size is set to 200%.
- Modified the error where ScanSnap Online Update and ScanSnap manuals may also be uninstalled when you uninstalled ScanSnap Manager from the computer on which the ScanSnap software such as ScanSnap Organizer is already installed.
- Modified the error where the message to confirm the setting change may be displayed when nothing except [Profile] is changed in the setup window.
- Modified the error where the selected application for the [Standard] profile is changed to CardMinder if ScanSnap Manager is restarted while CardMinder is selected as the application for the profile other than [Standard].
- Modified the errors where searchable PDF files are not processed properly with some applications developed by other companies.
- Modified the error where a black line may appear on the edge of an image when the following linkage functions are used.
- Scan to Print
- Scan to E-mail
- Scan to Folder
- Scan to Picture Folder
- Scan to Dropbox
- Scan to Salesforce Chatter
- Scan to SugarSync
For the software update history, see Readme.
Use ScanSnap Online Update to install the update.
- Be sure you log into Windows® as a user with administrator privileges.
- For performing the Online Update, Internet connection and Internet Explorer 6.0 or later are required.
- Try manual update if the Online Update does not work.
Download ScanSnap Online Update from the download webpage and install it if not already installed.
- Select [Start] menu > [All Programs] > [ScanSnap Online Update] > [Online Update].
Note: Select [All Apps] if you are using Windows®8.1／Windows® 8／Windows® 10.
Follow the instructions on the screen to update the ScanSnap Online Update if it is displayed.
- The ScanSnap Online Update automatically checks the latest update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
- Confirm if the version of the ScanSnap Manager reads “Version 6.5L40”, referring to the descriptions in “How to confirm if the update is successfully completed”.
How to confirm if the update is successfully completed
Confirm that the installed/updated version of ScanSnap Manager is displayed on the version information.
To display the version information, right click the ScanSnap icon in the task tray, and select [About ScanSnap Manager…] in the [Help] from the context menu.
- Quit any other applications that are running on the computer.
- Download ScanSnap Manager Update onto the hard disk.
Before installing the update, please confirm the version currently installed on the computer by the procedure written above. When a certain version of ScanSnap Manager is installed, you will have to install earlier update files prior to the latest update.
- When V6.2L23 or earlier is installed, install the update 1, 2, and 3 in order.
- When a version between V6.2L24 and V6.5L20 is installed, install the update 2 and 3 in order.
- When V6.5L30 is installed, install the update 3.
- Install the update files in order.
- Confirm if the version reads “Version 6.5L40”, referring to the descriptions in “How to confirm if the update is successfully completed” above.
This completes the update. Refer to Readme.