Check the following points if the "S" icon of ScanSnap Manager (displayed on the taskbar in the lower right of the Windows desktop) indicates the "Not Communicating" status.
: "Communicating" status
Computer and ScanSnap are communicating with each other.
: "Not Communicating" status
Computer and ScanSnap are not communicating with each other.
- Turn off the ScanSnap. Wait at least 5 seconds and turn on the ScanSnap. If the icon status still indicates "Not Communicating", unplug the USB cable from the computer or ScanSnap, wait 5 seconds and reconnect the USB cable.
- If you are using a USB hub, connect the ScanSnap directly to the computer by using a USB cable.
- Turn-off any antivirus software that is running.
- Insert the USB cable into a different USB port (if there are multiple USB ports).
- Change and try another USB cable.
- Disconnect any other USB devices (printer/scanner/external hard disk, etc) and try connecting only the ScanSnap.
- If you are connecting ScanSnap iX500 to a USB 3.0 port, refer to the following:
My computer does not recognize ScanSnap iX500 with a USB3.0 port.
- Check if there is any improvement is when using the support tool.
*Support tool is available from the [Start] menu --> [All Programs] --> [ScanSnap Manager] --> [ScanSnap Support Tool].
A) Click the [Check] button under [Check Privileges]. If the message "The recommended privileges have been applied." appears, turn off the power, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on the power again.
B) Press the [Recover] button of [Recover ScanSnap Connection] and check to see if there are any improvements.
- Delete the device driver to see if there are any improvements.
A) Delete the device driver.
i. Connect the ScanSnap to the computer and turn on the ScanSnap.
ii. Open the Device Manager window.
For Windows® 7
Go to [Start] menu --> [Control panel] --> [Hardware and Sound] --> [Device Manager].
For Windows Vista®
Go to [Start] menu --> [Control panel] --> [System and Maintenance] --> [Device Manager].
For Windows® XP
Go to [Start] menu --> [Control panel] -> [Performance and maintenance] --> [System] --> [Hardware] tab --> [Device Manager].
iii. In Device Manager right-click [Imaging device] --> [ScanSnap iX500] or [Imaging device] --> [Other devices] --> [ScanSnap iX500] --> [Uninstall].
If the ScanSnap used to be connected other USB ports, connect it to each of those ports and repeat these steps.
B) Turn off the ScanSnap.
C) Remove the USB cable from the computer.
D) Restart the computer.
E) Reconnect the USB cable to the computer.
If the issue is not fixed even when above resolution is tried, uninstall and reinstall ScanSnap Manager.
If the issue still remains after following all the above procedures, please send the collected system information data to a FUJITSU scanner dealer or an authorized FUJITSU scanner service provider by e-mail.
System information can be collected by pressing the [Collect] button of [Collect System Information] in the support tool. Please zip and send the created folder (ScanSnap_date and time).
* Refer to [Troubleshooting] in the [Help] menu of ScanSnap Manager.
SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1100i / S1100 / S1300i / S1300 / S1500 / S1500M / S300 / S510 / S500 / fi-5110EOX2 / fi-5110EOX