Scanner Central Admin Server
Supported Scanner Models
- fi-7700 / fi-7600 / fi-7700S
- fi-7480 / fi-7460
- fi-7180 / fi-7280 / fi-7160 / fi-7260 / fi-7240 / fi-7140
- fi-6800 / fi-6400
- fi-6770(A) / fi-6670(A) / fi-6750S
- fi-6140Z / fi-6240Z / fi-6130Z / fi-6230Z
- fi-6110 / fi-65F
- N7100 / fi-6010N / ScanSnap N1800
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server® 2016 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2008 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2003 R2 (64-bit)
For more details about the supported operating system editions, refer to the Scanner Central Admin User's Guide.
- Some new functions that come with the N7100 System Software version ns001 01.08.01.0010 are now available in Edit Scanner Settings.
- Userability of the installer has been improved.
- Fixed the problem that an update of PaperStream IP that cannot be installed to certain scanner models can be notified as an update for the models.
Software change history
- You must update the Scanner Central Admin Console when updating the Scanner Central Admin Server. Refer to Scanner Central Admin Connection Correspondence Table for more details.
- The .NET Framework 4.0 or later is required to use Scanner Central Admin 4.4 or later. Make sure that .NET Framework 4.0 or later is installed prior to the SCA installation.
- Attention for users who have Windows Server 2003 R2.
Windows Server 2003 R2 cannot be used for exporting Scanner Settings or Job-mode Settings for N7100 through Scanner Central Admin because these operations requires installation of .Net Framework 4.5, and .Net Framework 4.5 cannot be installed on Windows Server 2003 R2. Please use Windows Server 2008 or later in order to export the settings with Scanner Central Admin.
- Download "SCAServer_040806.exe" onto your hard drive. Use the downloaded file size as reference for the required hard disk space.
- Execute the file that you downloaded in step 1. This creates a folder named "ScannerCentralAdminServer" in the same folder where the program is stored. Installation starts automatically after self-extraction. If it doesn’t start, double-click "Setup.exe" which is located in the ScannerCentralAdminServer folder.
- Follow the instructions from the Installation Wizard to complete the installation. Refer to the Scanner Central Admin User's Guide for the details of how to install the “Scanner Central Admin Server”.
- When the installation is completed, confirm if the version of Scanner Central Admin Server is "04.08.06".
Refer to How to Confirm the Software Version.
- When ScandAll PRO and ScandAll PRO ScanSnap mode Add-in are distributed via Scanner Central Admin, the User Guide for each software is not installed automatically. Download the latest manual from our Manual Download Page if needed.
- Refer to our Applicable Update Module List when using the Image Scanner Updates function with Scanner Central Admin.
- Update the following to the latest version in order to use Scanner Central Admin.
Some parts of the function may be unavailable without updating them.
- Scanner Central Admin Console
- Scanner Central Admin Agent
- Driver for image scanners
- Software for network scanners
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 , a certificate error may appear when you connect to N7100 through Scanner Central Admin Console using HTTPS. Please use Internet Explorer 9 or later in that case.