Pete Lien & Sons increases business application performance by 50 percent with Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for Microsoft Spaces Direct
"Fujitsu has proven once more that it is a trusted partner, with the reliability, performance, scalability, and affordability to allow us to enjoy enterprise-class solutions at a fraction of the cost."
Pete Lien & Sons deployed a Fujitsu hyper-converged server/storage cluster, increasing performance by 50 percent, with scalability enabling future growth.
Pete Lien & Sons engages in limestone mining, offering rock, concrete, lime and pulverized limestone, sandstone, gypsum, iron ore, sand, and gravel for constructing roads, dams, homes, schools, churches, grocery stores, and banks.
Pete Lien & Sons’ existing storage and server cluster had been in place for five years and was reaching end of life. Performance was suffering and it was prone to failure. The company wanted to find an affordable solution that could scale with the company.
Pete Lien & Sons worked with Fujitsu partner Golden West Technologies to configure four FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY RX2540 with hybrid 1TB SSD memory and ten additional 1.8TB disc drives as a four-node cluster. This runs Windows Server 2016 with Storage Spaces Direct, which provides reliable, scalable, software-defined resources.
- Application performance has increased by 50 percent, enabling users to be more productive
- Less administration required, freeing up internal resources
- Significant reduction in the time needed to generate critical reports
- Future proofed solution can easily scale up by adding resources as and when required
- Zero incidents reported since installation