OSD/XC V4.1 (for the S and SX server lines)
The mainframe operating system package for the SQ and SX server lines.
OSD Extended Configuration OSD/XC is the BS2000 operating system package for the SQ series and SX series business servers. OSD/XC comprises the operating system BS2000 OSD/BC and several system support software products.
OSD/XC V4.1 includes the current version, BS2000/OSD-BC V8.0, ported to the SQ servers based on Intel x86 architecture as well as to the SX servers based on SPARC64 architecture. OSD/XC unlocks unlimited BS2000/OSD functionality for the SX server class. Existing customer applications run as object-compatible code on the SQ and SX servers under OSD/XC.
OSD/XC supports all sets of functions relevant to data center operation and business-critical computing:
- Advanced, mainframe-typical workload management for interactive dialog and batch loads,
- Wide scalability of processor performance, memory and I/O bandwidth,
- Automation of data center operation and data center operating processes possible,
- Ability to run open applications and support for the Internet,
- Support for backup and data storage scenarios.
In version V4.1 the OSD/XC package consists of the following software products:
|Functional area||Product name||Version|