PRIMEFLEX for SAP Landscapes enables Nakilat a flexible and cost-efficient SAP HANA operation
"Fujitsu has reduced the resources required to run our business, which has led in turn to dramatic cost savings. We have halved our annual IT investment and when you add in the decreased manpower required to manage the SAP environment, further savings are made"
Hamad Suwaid, Information Technology Manager, Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd.
Nakilat (Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd.) is a Qatari LNG transport company providing an essential transportation link in the State of Qatar’s LNG supply chain. Its LNG shipping fleet is the largest in the world, comprising 63 LNG vessels and four large LPG carriers. Nakilat operates the ship repair and construction facilities at Erhama Bin Jaber Al Jalahma Shipyard in Ras Laffan Industrial City via two strategic joint ventures: N-KOM and NDSQ. The company also offers a full range of marine support services to vessels operating in Qatari waters.
In the past, Nakilat operated multiple servers with six storage devices dispersed across its three main lines of business. The organization had an interest in implementing a consolidated IT environment that would unify the company, reduce operational demands and make Nakilat SAP HANA® equipped.
After evaluating numerous vendors, Nakilat decided that Fujitsu demonstrated the best combination of cost-effectiveness, hardware and expertise. It rolled out SAP HANA® using the FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX® platform, combined with FUJITSU FlexFrame Orchestrator for SAP as a basis for a highly efficient private cloud.
- Halved annual IT spend while also reducing the amount of resources required to support the system
- Critical business reports which previously took hours to generate are now available in seconds, making the company more responsive and productive
- Nakilat and its joint ventures now have highly available access to the information the organizations need via a secure private cloud
- Management and maintenance have been streamlined and simplified, reducing the burden on the IT team
- Nakilat is now prepared to take full advantage of the latest SAP features
Read the full Nakilat case study (241 KB/A4, 2 pages)
Jaga seda lehte