QLE2560 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
The QLE2560 is a PCI Express, single port, Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter. The HBA offers the next generation 8Gb Fibre Channel technology, meeting the business requirements of the enterprise data center. A wide range of supported Operating Systems and certifications for storage devices ensure a broad set of application scenarios.
Features & Benefits
|Features ||Benefits |
- Fibre Channel single port 8Gb to PCI Express x8
- Delivers enhanced security, Quality of Service (QoS), and enables dynamic provisioning. The HBA allows multiple logical (virtual) connections to share the same physical port. Each logical connection has its own resources and the ability to be managed independently.
- Exceptional performance and data throughput of nearly 1600 MBps (full-duplex); delivers up to 200,000 IOPS
- The Fibre Channel HBA provides the highest data integrity by ensuring Overlapping Protection Domains (OPD) on both the control and data paths. He also utilizes Enhanced Hardware Assist Firmware Tracing (EHAFT), allowing more comprehensive debugging with standard drivers.
- The Fibre Channel HBA takes advantage of StarPower technology, ensuring power efficiency. The StarPower technology offers dynamic and adaptive power management features such as power and bandwidth optimized intelligent PCI Express link training, low-power switching power supplies, and thermally efficient layout requiring lower airflows.
- Provides industry-standard application programming interfaces (APIs, FC HBAs)
- A single common driver per operating system for three generations of FC HBAs (8Gb, 4Gb, and 2Gb) simplifies deployment. The unified driver model (firmware embedded in the driver) eliminates potential interoperability issues between firmware and driver versions. The Adapter API compatibility with 4Gb products accelerates deployment while ensuring application compatibility.
|Controller Silicon||Qlogic ISP2532
|Technology||FC-AL, FC-AL2, point-to-point, switched fabric
|Bus transfer rate||5GT/s
|Standards||· ANSI Fibre Channel: FC-PI-4, FC-FS-2, FC‑FS-2/AM1, FC-LS, FC-GS-6, FC‑FLA, FC-PLDA, FC-TAPE,
FC-DA, FCP through FCP-4, SBC-3, FC-SP, FC-HBA and SMI-S v1.1
· PCI Express base spec 2.0
· PCI Express card electromechanical spec 2.0
· Fibre Channel class 2 and 3
· PHP hot plug-hot swap