Reduce downtime for data migration - Storage Migration
Storage Migration is a function that migrates the volume data from an old storage system to volumes in a new storage system without using a host in cases such as when replacing a storage system. The migration source storage system and migration destination ETERNUS DX/ETERNUS AF (ETERNUS) are connected using FC cables. Data read from the target volume in the migration source is written to the migration destination volume in the ETERNUS.
Since Storage Migration is controlled by ETERNUS controllers, no additional software is required.
- Both online Storage Migration and offline Storage Migration are supported
- Without going through servers, data migration time is reduced
- No additional software nor licenses is required
- No need to change the configuration of the source storage system
- No dedicated equipment for data migration is needed
||Hybrid Storage Systems
||ETERNUS DX60 S4/S3
ETERNUS DX100 S4/DX200 S4
ETERNUS DX100 S3/DX200 S3
ETERNUS DX500 S3/DX600 S3
ETERNUS DX8700 S3/DX8900 S3