GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Trinidad and Tobago improves service delivery to citizens
Key projects under the Fast Forward plan include:
- GovNeTT Communications Backbone
- e-Government Services On-line
- Broadband Community Access
HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, SUPPORT
The government’s network infrastructure (GovNeTT) has been designed with the latest technologies, in conjunction with our best of breed partners Cisco, Check Point, Symantec, Microsoft, Hitachi, Bluecoat and F5 Networks.
GovNeTT is supported by a proactive and responsive support infrastructure delivered by Fujitsu that includes a Help Desk and central state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Proactive Network and Security Monitoring and Management via our NOC
- Reactive trouble-shooting and problem resolution
- IT Infrastructure Maintenance and Support Services Agreement
- Data Centre Hosting Services
BENEFITS FOR THE CUSTOMER
- Improved citizen experience when interacting with Government agencies and Ministries through its integrated service desk platform and contact centre capabilities
- Accelerated usage and adoption of Common Infrastructure and best practices in technology across Government
- Ease of deployment and integration of government enterprise-wide applications and Shared Services
- Secure highly available, feature-rich technology platform across the public sector to run and launch critical e-Government services
- Enhanced information sharing and integration as well as information administration within government
- Secure channel for the timely dissemination of information to Citizens
- Increased efficiency of government operations through improved communications and collaboration among government ministries via VOIP/IP Telephony and Video/Audio conferencing
- Reduced operational costs through standardized architecture that provides lower total cost of ownership and greater economies of scale
- Significant cost savings to the Government through its Central Government Data Centre facility for mission critical application hosting, thereby reducing the need for each Ministry to build their own
- Flexible and open IT platform
- Systems & Network Management
- Voice Over IP
- Security Solutions
- The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago’s GovNeTT Communications Backbone project sought to establish a secure communications infrastructure that would enable each ministry and public sector agency to communicate and share information effectively and efficiently. The Ministry of Public Administration (MPA) was assigned lead responsibility for managing and coordinating the implementation of the Communications Backbone and acts as an agent in providing the necessary support to other ministries. The design and delivery of this Wide Area Networking infrastructure was contracted out to the alliance of Fujitsu Caribbean (Trinidad) Limited and Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (TSTT).
- Improved citizen experience when interacting with Government agencies and Ministries.
- Secure highly available, feature-rich technology platform across the public sector to run and launch critical e-Government services.
- Secure channel for the timely dissemination of information to Citizens.
- Increased efficiency of government operations.
- Reduced operational costs through standardized architecture that provides lower total cost of ownership and greater economies of scale.