Want to work for one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies and a premier global digital transformation services provider? If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to do interesting, innovative work and produce results that drive clients' success, then this position may be right for you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a project team in the implementation of a solution or set of applications, using appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions. This position will report to the Head of Project Management and ultimately the Vice President, Project Management & Customer Support and will be based in Jamaica.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule and contractual deliverables.
- Applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control and risk management.
- Managing all project resources, including subcontractors.
- Coordinating and maintaining an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer.
- Providing day-to-day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer and stakeholders.
- Managing medium to high complexity and/or medium to high risk projects ensuring that scope, schedule and cost are aligned with contractual obligations and clients’ expectation.
- Mentoring and coaching junior project management staff to achieve successful outcomes with their assigned projects.
- Assisting in the determination of PM methods and procedures to improve the operation of the PMO.
Experience and Technical Skills
A minimum of five (5) years working experience in IT project management.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Financial Management and Complex Planning Skills.
Detailed understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent time management with strong planning and organisation skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills and leadership capabilities.
High level conceptual understanding of IT domains (desktop, server, network, apps etc.).
High level of attention to detail and quality.
Ability to work in a team and independently.
An effective collaborator in engaging with clients, colleagues, senior management, vendors and other various stakeholders.
Shows initiative and demonstrate commitment to self-development.
- Participation in the Project Management Institute (PMI) activities and/ or PMI chapter and maintains PMP® qualification by earning PDUs.
The preferred candidate will receive an excellent compensation package commensurate with qualifications
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 155,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited reported consolidated revenues of US$40 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017. Operating in the Caribbean for over 60 years, we have offices in Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad to serve the entire region.
Shaping tomorrow with you