ServerView® Resource Orchestrator Virtual Edition
Simplifying day-to-day server management operations of a highly consolidated server infrastructure
For many IT organizations, blade servers combined with virtualization technologies are the IT infrastructure of choice to achieve considerable consolidation benefits. It also is the ideal basis for ensuring more flexible usage of server resources. However, managing all parts of the underlying technology stack of such a highly consolidated server infrastructure presents a looming problem for IT managers. IT administrators have to use a greater number of specialized management tools to manage their daily business. As a result, IT managers are looking for ways to improve the operational efficiency of day-to-day server management operations in mixed physical and virtual IT environments.
With ServerView Resource Orchestrator Virtual Edition (ROR VE), formerly known as ServerView Resource Coordinator VE (RCVE), Fujitsu offers a system management tool that delivers standardized management of the consolidated virtual and physical server environment, simplifies server lifecycle management and provides cost-efficient methods for protecting the complete server environment.
- ROR VE reduces TCO by simplifying the management of physical and virtual servers
- ROR VE increases business agility by automating server lifecycle management enabling faster provisioning of new systems
- ROR VE delivers cost-effective high-availability by protecting all systems in a server farm with one or a few spare systems
New functional enhancements include:
- Support of SingleSignOn
- Active spare servers
- Auto-recovery for SPARC Enterprise Servers (SES)
- VM alarm monitoring
- VM home position feature enhancement
- ROR VE manager now capable to run in a VM
For details on new platform support, please see the latest data sheet.
Optimized for use in PRIMERGY blade server environments
- Takes advantage of I/O virtualization technology greatly simplifying the server management in LAN and SAN environments
- Supports industry-leading server virtualization products from VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, RedHat, Novell and Oracle
ROR VE is ideal for IT departments:
- operating a mixed physical and virtual server environment
- focusing on blade servers as the target platform for their server consolidation projects
- using products for server virtualization from diverse vendors
- looking for more cost-effective high-availability solutions
- already using or planning to introduce a SAN infrastructure for their storage environment