Fujitsu ETERNUS DX Adds up to 50 Per Cent Performance at No Extra Cost and Shattering the 1,000,000 IOPS Ceiling
Pricing and Availability
The new upgrades are available from July 2013, and can be implanted during system operation with no downtime required. The Fujitsu ETERNUS DX family of disk-based storage products is available globally and is sold via direct sales or Fujitsu Channel Partners. System prices vary depending on configuration.
- Performance Upgrade for ETERNUS DX8700 S2 improves SLA’s of business critical applications
With new and downloadable system enhancement customers can achieve an overall increase of performance between 25 percent up to 50 percent depending on block-size, volume type and RAID level. Tests showed that up to 1,000,000 IOPS can be achieved. A new optimized routing of the inter-controller data flow tremendously increases access times and response times enabling customers to serve higher peak loads at no extra costs. The new upgrades will be available as of end of July and can be implanted during operations without any system downtime.
- Availability of Solid-state Disk Drives in Multi-Level-Cell technology offers more performance at lower price for nearly all ETERNUS
With the release of 400 GByte and 800GByte SSD’s with Multi-Level-Cell technology customers can benefit from flash-disk technology at a lower price level in order to support performance-critical applications like business analytics, large scales OLTP applications and big data.
- New features in ETERNUS SF storage management software drives efficiency of operations through increased automation
- The Automated Storage Tiering (AST) functionality can now set thresholds automatically based on best practices in balancing capacity and performance. An extensive set of parameters in terms of thresholds and quotas for capacity allocation can be defined to automatically maintain service level agreements. These improvements reduce the need for special skills and relieve the administrator from time consuming research and planning.
- Application integration makes backup and restore an easy task
Easy-to-use wizards are implemented with ETERNUS SF 15.3 which simplify backup and restore processes of Microsoft Exchange Server. Furthermore automated backup and restore of dedicated virtual machines help customers to reduce unplanned downtime of their virtual data center environments.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Address: Square Marie Curie 12, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0) 2 536 64 15
Mobile: +32 (0) 473 96 06 43
Fax: +32 (0) 2 536 64 12
Marketing & Communications Manager
Date: 18 July, 2013