ScanSnap Cloud enables device-less scanning and integration with cloud services
- Fujitsu announces the release of ScanSnap Cloud services in Australia and New Zealand.
- New service streamlines workflow by delivering scanned data directly to cloud services without the need to access a corporate network, computer or mobile device.
- Key features include one-touch automation of scanning workflow as well as intelligent functions such as image optimization, name assist, searchable PDF.
- The cloud service utilises integrated security features of Microsoft Azure.
The service has the potential to transform scanning workflow with one-touch scanning and automatic classification of documents in up to four categories: documents, receipts, business cards, and photos. With the ability to set a profile for each category in ScanSnap Cloud, the service can automatically sort and deliver each category of document to the right cloud services, enabling a ‘work-anywhere’ approach. Without the need to access corporate networks, computers or mobile devices, this enables convenient, device-less scanning by eliminating the need for document sorting and selection of output destination.
ScanSnap Cloud also includes automatic and intelligent functions designed to simplify workflow by eliminating the need to adjust scan settings or provide file names. The image optimisation functionality optimises scanned images and applies functionality such as Automatic Color Detection, Automatic Size Detection, Automatic Rotation and Blank Page Removal. The Name Assist capability reduces manual intervention by automatically naming files using extracted keywords and dates from scanned documents.
The service, which utilises Microsoft Azure™, also supports the creation of Searchable PDF files1, so that users can perform keyword searches on documents from various document management and cloud services.
As a cloud-based service, data can be accessed and edited on smart devices such as tablets and smartphones, so that important information is available when and where it is needed.
Available Cloud Services
OneDrive for Business
Region: Australia and New Zealand
Product: Available for ScanSnap iX1500, iX500 and iX100
Operation System: Available for Windows and Mac within ScanSnap Home, and iOS and Android with ScanSnap Cloud application
- ScanSnap and ScanSnap Cloud are registered trademarks or trademarks of PFU Limited in Japan.
- Box is a registered trademark of Box, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
- Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation.
- Google Drive, Google Photos and Android are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- SAP Concur and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries.
- QuickBooks is a trademark and service marks of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
- Product names and company names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
1.Searchable PDF generation is limited to 500 pages per month. All pages after the 500th page will be generated as normal PDFs. If number of scanned pages exceed 500 while scanning multiples pages in the same document file, these pages will be generated as a single searchable PDF.Online resources
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. We partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702). See www.fujitsu.com/au.
Marketing Programs and Communications Manager
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 9113 9346
Mobile: +61 409 953 349
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 28 February, 2019