Fujitsu: Our Sustainability Programme
We at Fujitsu are strongly committed to driving continuous environmental performance and improvements across our organisation and operations.
To ensure we genuinely live and breathe our commitment to the environment and sustainability across the entirety of our operations we’ve developed a comprehensive Sustainability Strategy, set rigorous environmental targets for ourselves and embedded sustainability into our corporate governance structure. We’ve proudly received numerous accolades and awards in the field of sustainability over the years - proof that our commitment to driving positive change is real and happening every day.
Our sustainability heritage dates back to 1938 when Fujitsu created a parkland environment for our first factory in Japan. Since this time we have continued to take full responsibility for the environmental consequences of our activities and endeavoured to keep sustainability at the forefront of our business.
In 2007 we established a sustainability transformation project backed by specific, ambitious and far reaching targets. We also operate under an expanding Environmental Management System which promotes continuous improvement in our environmental performance. These challenging sustainability targets and comprehensive policies are evidence of our ambition to be a truly sustainable company. They have also proudly enabled us to take a leadership position in the local marketplace.
Since 2008 we’ve successfully slashed the emissions generated by our offices by more than 52%, we’ve reduced travel related greenhouse gas emissions by 52% and our data centre facilities are 27% more efficient than the market average.
Impressive achievements realised by Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand over the past eight years in the field of sustainability have enabled us to not only reduce our operating expenses but more importantly, inject additional impetus in our quest to lead the way in sustainability.
Fujitsu’s Sustainability Programme does not stop there: other initiatives we have adopted to help embed sustainability into the core of what we do are demonstrated by:
- Opening our environmental performance and activities up to external critique and scrutiny to ensure continuous improvement
- Encouraging our employees to always keep the environmental impact of their business activities front of mind
- Helping and inspiring our customers improve the environmental efficiency of their own operations
- Conserving resources as we strive to create only the best of breed, eco-friendly products
- Driving down the environmental impact of our solutions throughout their entire (product) lifecycle
- Reducing the use of harmful chemical substances wherever possible and the risks thereof
You can read more about how Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have embraced the challenge of global sustainability and seek ongoing, continuous improvement in our environmental performance below