Distributes the work across BS2000 system resources for various categories and tasks according to user requirements.
Current version: V3.1
PCS distributes the work performed by the resources of a computer system amongst the various categories and tasks in accordance with user requirements (e.g. response time / throughput optimization).
This makes for:
- efficient use of the configuration, even when the load is complex and varying,
- automatic recognition of situations in which the operating behavior deviates from predefined criteria,
- automatic initiation of measures to keep the operating behavior at its optimum.
- Categorizing of loads (up to 16), according to their characteristics.
- Allocation of resources for:
- service categories according to the system administrator's specifications,
- graduated handling of categories in concurrent situations,
- preferential task treatment in categories based on information priority.
- Influencing the response time behavior by specifying dilation factors.
- Transparency for the system administrator via SHOW command information on current service allocation and parameter sets used.