Fujitsu Takes Self-checkout Point of Service to the Next Level
- FUJITSU U-Scan Genesis Retail Solution improves customer experience by cutting transaction time and personalizing cross-channel shopping
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) via productive use of resources, reduces support costs and energy consumption
- myU-Scan Mobile Application further cuts transaction times and allows the shopping experience to be customized
To help mass merchandisers, do-it-yourself (DIY) stores, drugstores, convenience stores and other retailers achieve their objectives, the U-Scan Genesis II solution comprises:
- Best–in-class cash handling tools: includes an easier-to-maintain coin and note dispenser that offers higher capacity, faster and more accurate validation, lower energy consumption and remote capabilities.
- Improved ergonomics: better placement of note and receipt devices, stereo high-fidelity audio, ADA/ANSI compliant, and acclaimed engineering design in self-service.
- Barcode scanning technology choices: Honeywell’s newest 2D hybrid image/scanner with integrated produce scales and security tag deactivation technology. Consumers can redeem e-coupons or access loyalty programs from a smart phone bar or QR Barcodes.
- LED brilliant blue light bars: help direct consumers with their transactions, are synchronized with the U-Scan user-interface test, and contain animations as well as audio guidance.
- Modular security technology: U-Scan Genesis carousel is available in various formats and platform versions. There are several height bag riser as well as expandability options for up to eight bags, making the modules secure and efficient to meet a broad range of requirements.
- U-Scan 5.0 software: features Windows 7 support, an enhanced mobile attendant functionality, configuration tools and automatic updates that are required for a truly flexible retail system.
Recognized internationally as a leader in a wide range of retail solutions, Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades, enabling a premier customer experience and creating synergy effects leading to increased sales as well as improved operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. The self-checkout solutions, its best practices and industry performance benchmarks that have been established, make it possible for retailers to keep abreast of technological advancements in the industry and expand their market share.
David Concordel, Senior Vice President Global Retail, International Business, Fujitsu
“Self-checkout is an important part of the Point of Service mix, particularly for mass merchandisers. The U-Scan Genesis II solution enables retail establishments to stay ahead of the competition and maximize their return on investment, while exceeding customer expectations. By listening to our customers and building technology to address their needs, Fujitsu continues to expand our footprint in the industry with self-checkout solutions and services that support retailers’ performance objectives and their commitment to customers.”
Pricing and availability
U-Scan Genesis II will be available to retail customers globally through Fujitsu from Summer 2014.
At EuroCIS, you can find Fujitsu at booth C75 in hall 6 from February 16 to 20, 2014. Please visit us at the stand or contact us to arrange an interview with one of our retail experts.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu CEMEAI
In Continental Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India, Fujitsu is the leading IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets serving large, medium-sized and small businesses. The company offers a full portfolio of IT products, business solutions and services, ranging from workplace systems to datacenter solutions, managed services, and cloud-based software and solutions. In CEMEA&I Fujitsu employs approximately 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Dr. Laura Bonamici
Phone: +49 89 62060 4454
VP Corporate Communications, International Business
Phone: +49 89 30 90 51629
Date: 17 February, 2014